View Single Post
Old October 30, 2008, 12:53 PM   #122
FyredUp

Quote:
Creature:

Not really. It has evolved into a discussion about whether a home owner has a moral duty to retreat until he/she can retreat no further during a home invasion...and whether the castle doctrine is a moralistically flawed as some would have us believe.
Is this what you believe I am saying? If you think that you are wrong.

I firmly believe a person has a right to defend themselves. I have stated repeatedly, that while I hope I never have to, I am fully prepared to defend myself, my girlfriend, my kids and hers, with whatever force is required. All the way up to killing the intruder if need be.

I understand the castle doctrine. Really I do. What I don't understand is the evolution to shoot on sight even if no immediate threat exists (I know some believe the mere presence is a threat, I don't), the emptying magazine after magazine at the bad guy, and having multiple, multiple firearms stashed all over the house. I guess my paranoia or fear doesn't run deep enough yet. How ever to each his own.

I have said repeatedly and will say it again. My plan is my plan just as yours is yours. Whose is right? BOTH, because we have both thought it out and decided in our circumstances it is right for US.

Stay safe.

Page generated in 0.02537 seconds with 8 queries