View Single Post
Old November 20, 2008, 10:43 AM   #24
eaglesnester

Quality Control Weatherby Shotguns

I witness the following: My hunting partner bought a Weatherby 12 guage automatic, with the rifled barrel and monticarlo (SP) stock. He paid $1200 Canadian for it. Right out of the box the shotgun had major feed problems. The weapon would jam every time he tried to cycle it. When we took it to the field and test fired it the gun jammed every cycle. We had to call the factory rep here in B.C. Canada (Dave Jennings) to have the receiver machined as the barrel was too long at the chamber end and the shells were hanging up on the chamber end of the barrel during the loading cycle. You could look into the receiver and see this happing. What a hassel, My hunting partner had to box up a brand new weapon, insure it, ship it, and worry if the repairs were going to be satisfactory. Well to conclude here Dave Jennings fixed er up better than new and that shotgun is now your worst nightmare if you are on the wrong end. The rumor is that Weatherby pulled the model and they are no longer selling it. I do believe that this shotgun was made in Italy and all of em had this jamming problem so Weatherby stopped production. Don't get me wrong here I am not knocking Weatherby. I am a Weatherby man and so is my hunting partner as we both have numerous Weatherby Rifles in various calibers.

Cheers&Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

Page generated in 0.03401 seconds with 8 queries