View Single Post
Old April 21, 2010, 07:04 AM   #4
CWPinSC

I don't allow strangers to approach me that close, nor to I approach them - especially in an uncontrolled place/situation as you were in. "Handshake" distance is "grabbing" distance. Prolonged conversations lead to tunnel vision which prevents you from seeing an accomplice coming up from your side or back.

You were unarmed, alone, late at night. If you didn't "feel fear", you should have been on a high yellow alert.

He mighta been legit, he also mighta been casing you to see how easy of a target d you would be for a mugging/robbery - and what you had to steal. You need to err on the suspicious side next time. The penalty for being wrong is too severe.

He basically blocked your car in. That would have set off warning bells in my head immediately. I would have stayed by my car and responded with a brief, "I don't know." to his question. I certainly wouldn't have engaged in a prolonged conversation at arm's length with him.

I've had people tell me, "You're not nice." or "You're not friendly." or "You're rude." I'm long past the point where stranger's opinions of me matter one little bit.

Page generated in 0.02823 seconds with 8 queries