View Single Post
Old January 5, 2014, 11:40 AM   #18
cuinhel

I've been lucky enough to mentored by my old friend Sam when it comes to reloading. He's been reloading longer than Ive been alive and I guess he took me under his wing as his own sons have no interest in reloading. He's shown me more than I can ever get in a book. Anyway, I've acquired through him some RA64 rounds, some 500 plus and the brass of the ones he's fired. I also got about 1200 incendiary armor piercing rounds that he's held onto since his nam days in .30 cal. I found the value of the RA64's and the AP and was quite shocked at how much they sell for. I called him up and asked if he knew what he sold me at a fraction of their value and his response was classic Sam, go course he knew what he could of sold them for but wanted me to strengthen my collection. Sam is now one of my very best friends and I look forward to many more years with him. The cooest part is I met a guy over twice my age through reloading and he is one of my best friends. Never take an opportunity like this for granted. When I could of been at games with my friends or out on the town, I'd rather spend time with old Sam in the reloading room. I am building a new house and of course will have a dedicated reloading room and Sam is like a kid in a candy store and helping me set it up all the way.

Page generated in 0.03411 seconds with 8 queries