View Single Post
Old November 7, 2013, 05:56 AM   #68
dayman

I'm pretty sure Glocks's are universally loved.
I just polled 100% of the men sitting in my living room, and I think they make a pretty nice firearm.

In all seriousness, I don't think there is a gun that everyone agrees on.
And furthermore, I don't think there should be.
Different people have different needs and different likes/dislikes. That's why there are so many options out there, and, generally, even options within individual brands and models.

Statistically, there are several brands that everyone - at least everyone capable of objectively looking at statistics - should be able to agree are very unlikely to have issues.

In alphabetical order, a few that come to mind are:
Beretta, Colt, CZ, FN, HK, Glock, Ruger, Sig, S&W, Springfield, Walther

However, every brand has it's detractors for one reason or another:
A lot of people can't make the distinction between personal preference and objective superiority/inferiority.
And it's impossible to manufacture a mechanical devise that has a 0% failure rate.

If you're trying to select a gun for your self the best method is going to be to try some different options. If you have a friend who shoot's and who's opinion you trust ask them for some suggestions.
One problem with asking this kind of question on an internet forum is you're going to get an overload of opinions. It's a good starting point, but all we can do is tell you what we like. You're the only one that's going to know what you like.

Page generated in 0.02500 seconds with 8 queries