View Single Post
Old September 8, 2008, 08:59 AM   #13
jfrey123

Quote:
It's perfectly legal to own a G25 or G28 in the U.S.,
Negative. Not for Joe Blow. LE Agencies are the only ones allow to own and possess these .380 Glocks.

If Glock ever manufactured the weapon state side, the silly ATF point scale would be a non-issue and Joe Blow could own them. Until that happens, we're SOL.

On a side point, it's a novel little idea but I can't find a practical purpose to carry a subcompact Glock chambered in .380 Auto. The G28 is the exact same dimensions as the 9mm, .40SW, .357SIG and the .45GAP. Most people carry a subcompact for self defense, not target, and I can't imagine why someone wouldn't want a more effective caliber (Note: I carry a .380 for deep concealment, but I wouldn't trade down from a G27 in .40cal if the dimensions were the same).

New idea: Can we import a .380 upper? It's not the serial controlled part of the firearm, so I'm wondering if this would curtail the ATF import regulations. The upper might swap onto an existing frame from a similar subcompact or compact arm (i.e. the 9mm, .40SW, .357SIG and .45GAP all use the same frame in subcompacts, compact and full size packages). The dimensions are exact on the .380 models, so unless they retooled the machines to make a different frame for a .380 it should swap on as well. Anyone here have an insight to this idea?

Last edited by jfrey123; September 8, 2008 at 09:03 AM. Reason: New idea

Page generated in 0.03889 seconds with 8 queries