View Single Post
Old January 26, 2013, 12:10 AM   #1
stephen426

Gun Broker is Dangerous!!! (to my wallet)

Do you guys ever wonder why there are so many info-mercials in the wee hours of the night? I'm sure the advertising rates are lower, but it is also because half-asleep people have less discretion! Late night visits to Gun Broker have the same effect of late night info-mercials.

I found a Sig P210 Legend (New in Box) for $1900 starting bid. The MSRP is $2399 on that gun so I was figuring it was $500 off! I actually have 2 P210s already. The first was the 50th Anniversary edition and the second I bought used because I couldn't bring myself to shoot the first. While the secong P210 I bought is a great gun, I get hammer bite and I don't care for the heel style mag release. They are holding their value very well though so I don't think I should part with it. I looked at a few other sites and found the P210 Legend for around $2050. For $150 off, I can pass. Besides, I already have 2 of them!

The other gun I looked at was a (New in Box) Les Baer Monolith Heavyweight with the 1.5" guarantee. Les Baer lists this gun for $2060 and the 1.5" guarantee is another $295 (total of $2355). The starting bid price was $2299.99 which is just $55 off. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of shooting a Les Baer, they really are amazing guns. I have a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special that I bought pre-owned at a gun show. It is one of my favorite guns and everyone who has shot it LOVES it. It makes average shooters look like great shooter! Anyways, to make a long story short, I put in the opening bid and won it! I know I am going to shoot the heck out of this gun (assuming I can find ammo). Now I just have to figure out how to tell the wife...

I will post pictures and give you guys a review when it comes in!

Page generated in 0.02645 seconds with 8 queries