View Single Post
Old December 13, 2012, 10:42 AM   #24
Viper225

With 44 Special plinking loads mostly in mind, I would go with a 29/629. I really like S&W revolvers. Good selection of Grips, Holsters, etc. A little smaller than the Ruger, and I am sure lighter.

As was said many times above. If you plan on very many Full House 44 Magnums I would go with the Ruger. The John Deere of Revolvers is a good comparison. There is a reason you see so many Old John Deere tractors still in everyday use. They over built them. I have a John Deere 1520 with a factory original front end loader from I believe around 1974 as my current tractor. My John Deer before that was an MT from around 1951. It is still in use as a Hay Rake Tractor.

I have owned several 29/629's over the years. I have also owned 2 each 44 Super RedHawks. I have no doubt that the Ruger will handle a steady diet of heavy 44 Magnum loads better than the S&W.

For Bear Country again the Ruger would get my vote. A S&W will not handle my 310 grain Hammer Head bullets. The cylinder is too short.

The Rugers never whack my second knuckle like a S&W does with heavy loads either.

Just My 2 Cents

Bob

Page generated in 0.04520 seconds with 8 queries