View Single Post
Old April 11, 1999, 02:34 PM   #1
cmac65

I have recently started shooting in IDPA competition and I would like some advice and training tips. Especially when it comes to the best way to learn/practice true 'tactical reloads'. When I started practicing reloads I was doing a reload with retention. I have small hands and working with two mags. in my hand at once presents its own set of challenges. With the retention reload I would drop the empty or partial into my support hand, place it in my back pocket and then retrieve a full mag. on my way back around. This way I only had to have one mag. in my hand at the time. I was told that IDPA had officially changed the rules to include true 'Tactical Reloads' where you retrieve the full mag. then drop the empty into your palm, then insert the new, then place the empty in your pocket or mag. pouch. (I prefer my back pocket) Any advice or suggestions on practicing this move or any other tips would be appreciated. Someone already told me that when I perform a mag. change that I should bring the gun in close to my chest with the gun canted a little towards my mag. pouches would speed up the reloads. He said, "get the gun in close where you can see it better." Thanks in advance. <C.W.>

Page generated in 0.03544 seconds with 8 queries