View Single Post
Old February 22, 2009, 08:15 PM   #29
RedneckFur

Quote:
We make mistakes----and we pay retail for them as my brother on the BART is finding out, hopefully a jury will exonerate him and he can get on with his life
Well, at least we know who came here with an agenda

While I do not think that you're allowed to resist arest, when somone is hurt or killed as a result of a false arrest, I feel the offending officer should be charged with assault or manslaughter, and serve the appropritate time in a penal facility. I can be held criminally liable for mistakes I make at my job. Its only fair that the police do as well.

There needs to be a stronger set of checks and balances when it comes to how our laws are inforced. When innocent lives are at risk, there are no room for mistakes.

Its common sense, that you should follow orders when arrested even if innocent, and take your day in court to prove yourself innocent. That said, I think I know how I, and most of us would react if we saw a strange man roughing up our mothers.

For me, its not a clean cut case. I think a jury should get a chance to sort this out.

Page generated in 0.02456 seconds with 8 queries