View Single Post
Old June 24, 2014, 02:47 PM   #6
ghbucky01

Quote:
In reading your post again, it seems as if this actually happened but you did NOT share the end of it.

I will go ahead and say that if nobody got shot
and nobody got beaten
and the good guy with the gun didn't end up with charges filed against him
and he didn't end up losing his handgun to an evidence locker at a police station

...then whatever he DID was as close to EXACTLY RIGHT as could be expected given a very difficult situation that happens at warp speed.
Yes, you are exactly correct... it did happen and I didn't share the ending....

Quote:
I can't speak for the actual law, but if the situation came to that, I would draw my gun and hope he stops approaching upon seeing a firearm. If he didn't stop, I hate to say it, but I probably would shoot. I have never had to use/draw a firearm in my life, so I can't say for sure how I would react.
... this in fact is exactly how my relative reacted. He was frightened enough to draw his gun and hold it prominently displayed, but pointed at the ground.

The response very nearly turned disastrous. Mr. Steroid actually laughed when he saw the gun and asked: "Do you want me to get mine?" and turned toward his car.

Thank God the guy just got in and drove off.

I think my relative said he tried to apologize, but the guy seemed determined to have a fight over it (hence my moniker, Mr Steroid)

Page generated in 0.02913 seconds with 8 queries