View Single Post
Old October 27, 2012, 07:09 PM   #39
ThisIsMySig

I found my new Governor to be very accurate. At 12.5 yards, the very first shots of 45LC were right in the bullseye. Shooting 45 ACPs is a real treat too, and are just as accurate. I shot Winchester AA 410s 9# shot as well. These produced a pattern that nearly covered the range target and produced a mighty amount of recoil.

The Governor is in no way a close copy of the Taurus for three main reasons: 1) There is no plastic anywhere on the Governor, the Taurus Judge has a poly top strap, 2) it takes 6 rounds, and 3) it will chamber 45 ACPs using moon clips. Be advised, however, that loading a moon clip is easy. Unloading one without a special tool is a real pain.

Both the Governor and the Taurus have ~10 - 12 lb pulls. This is a very heavy DA trigger. Once the Governor is cocked into SA mode, the trigger is nearly hair-like and can easily be inadvertently fired. The Judge's SA trigger is not as sensitive.

A few more points. My friends brand new Judge blew apart where the top strap meets the barrel the very first day he shot it and there are many posts about that happening. As a SD weapon, I would not be firing 45LC in the house, but would fire a 410 round. Many say that this is a novelty gun. In some ways that is true because it depends on your reason for purchasing it. I don't shoot anything that moves, so in my case it is a novelty. I just like the fact that I have a choice of three different rounds and I enjoy shooting it. The 45 LC and 410s produce a huge amount of recoil. Understandable but still a lot of recoil.

I purchased my Governor for $560 out the door.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First Governor Targets.jpg (23.0 KB, 20 views)

NRA Member

Last edited by ThisIsMySig; October 27, 2012 at 07:31 PM.

Page generated in 0.02948 seconds with 9 queries