View Single Post
Old July 14, 2013, 10:27 AM   #9
drcook

I had a NIB 20 I sold in a fit of madness a few years ago. Who knew NIB ones would escalate to the price they are going for today. I also had an old 20 that got sold off.

I need to get another 20ga gun. Actually 2. I ran across a gun with a 24" VR barrel and screw in choke tubes. I could use that as a basis for a superlative gun for my wife or daughter.

I need one for myself to hunt with, when I swap off from my 16ga guns, just to have one. I think a late 40's, up through early 60's (before the barrel thread change over at ser nbr 855,000) with 26 or 28 in barrel, choked mod would be superb.

Actually a 26" barrel would be the best. I could even take a 28" choked full, have it shortened to 26" and install some choke tubes.

That would make a great rabbit gun. Sometimes I just go to do some walking, and the lighter the gun the better.

Now with Clevinger reporting on this, a lot of you that were on the fence can see why there are some folks really big on Ithaca and why we gave such a glowing review of their practices and procedures after we went on the tour of the Ithaca factory.

The folks at Ithaca really are trying to build a top of the line firearm.

Page generated in 0.03823 seconds with 8 queries