View Single Post
Old August 1, 2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Gossettc68

Wife's first kill

So last year I finally convinced my wife to come hunting with me, she loves shooting...just the hunting part did not appeal...or so she thought.

So we are driving to a location we've been scouting everyday for the past week and we are about 5 minutes away when a doe comes bounding across the road in front of us..I write if off and keep going and my wife pipes up.

" Hey, if there is a female around there is probably a male, we should turn around and look. " I of course being the know-it-all superman testosterone toting ultimate hunter tell her " Naw, we need to get to our spot and setup " she tells me to at least turn around and look. So we turn the truck around and go up a fork where the doe was headed and sure enough about 30 yards deep in the brush I spot a little forky. I believe my words were " Holy ^&% chicka!, you were right, grab the rifle "

So I get out of the truck step off the road and the little guy is just sitting there staring at us. Right before I go to range I turn around to see my wife with the AK in her hand....ya, the AK. The AK with the rickety scope etc. ( When I said grab the rifle I meant the .270 ).

Before I could range it she lifts the rifle and " Bam " down goes bambi's son. Words could not describe the smile on her face as we both loaded it into the back of our truck together...getting covered in blood. She hit about mid neck and severed the verterbre ( SP ).

All hunting season long I was laughed at by all my neighbors whenever I came out to load up the truck with the AK...Well, my wife got the last laugh.

Here is a picture of her first blacktail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wifedeer.jpg (63.2 KB, 126 views)

Page generated in 0.04054 seconds with 9 queries