View Single Post
Old July 27, 2013, 03:01 PM   #25
Erno86

I get a lot of shooting tips from golf color commentator's, because the shooting sports is similar to golf.

But back to breathing...with a few tips.

If you're shooting --- and your vision becomes blurry --- One possible reason...is that you're not breathing enough. That is...you're not getting enough oxygen to your eyes, which is due to a lack of oxygen in the blood.

Another...in certain instances, you can breathe to much --- which is hyperventilation. You can hyperventilate, buy having so much oxygen in your blood...and follow by holding your breath while shooting --- can actually make you pass out on the firing line. Some shooters...breath in a paper bag in order to store more carbon dioxide in the blood. {I'm not a medical expert on this, so I'd appreciate if anybody can verify this medical condition, or google: hyperventilation}.

In a relaxed state while shooting...you can inhale thru your nose and exhale thru your mouth --- with three deep breaths --- exhale on the last breath, and take the shot within 6 seconds.

In rapid fire...sometimes you'll have to hold/inhale your breath in spurts.

--- George Orwell

Last edited by Erno86; July 27, 2013 at 03:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.02627 seconds with 8 queries