View Single Post
Old August 18, 2007, 09:37 AM   #35
springmom

Activ, the OP said that his toilet was indeed flooding the downstairs, so the call itself was legitimate.

Quote:
May I suggest not actually 'retiring' one's revolvers. Instead, use them as emergency guns stashed around the house. Some methods work well if you have no children to worry about and others are better if they are around (I should say safer for the kids.)
You know, I would rather not have to remember where my gun is in a moment of stress; and I'd rather them not be somewhere where a burglar breaking in and ransacking my house can find them. Guns unused belong in a safe. Otherwise, they belong on one of us.

My son had his guns hidden, or thought he did...until a daytime burglar broke in and found them all. didn't take the shotgun; they were after handguns and carbines, stuff they could take out of the house without a lot of trouble and could get rid of fast. I read a lot about people doing this, but you do take a risk of losing your firearms if you do.

Springmom

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun

Page generated in 0.03277 seconds with 8 queries