View Single Post
Old April 22, 2014, 03:17 PM   #77
Spats McGee
Staff

I've been thinking about this thread for a few days, and I still haven't come up with a good term for myself. I guess I'm a low-maintenance shooter.

Low-maintenance: I don't mind doing the basic upkeep on a firearm, but I like low-maintenance finishes. Just about everything I own is either Parkerized or stainless. As much as I like the looks of a beautiful, blued pistol, I don't have any desire to put in the work to keep 'em purty. Just about everything I've got is a matte finish, slightly scuffed or holster-worn.

Shooter: If I can't take it out and shoot it, I won't keep it. I'm a thoroughly awful collector of fine, well, anything. If I can't take it out of its case and use it, I don't want it. I don't care if it's a firearm or a fountain pen. I need for a gun to go bang, and I need for it to go bang, exactly when it is supposed to, every time. I understand that guns are mechanical and can fail, but I'll sacrifice a whole lot of Pretty for Reliable.

Page generated in 0.02773 seconds with 8 queries