View Single Post
Old October 31, 2012, 11:59 PM   #1
HamMach1

New to forums and guns, shot some at range...

New to the forums and new to guns really.

I jumped right into the world though by going to a local range, brand new, beautiful facility, and tried 5 different handguns. I am looking to purchase but I am not sure what I am looking for, especially since I enjoyed firing every gun I chose. They were:

Glock 19
S&W M&P 9
Ruger SR9
CZ-USA 75B
FNH FNX-9

I was fairly accurate with all of them, and they all felt nice in their own right and all fit in my hand well. I noticed a huge weight difference between the CZ 75B and the FNX-9, it felt like the SR9's recoil was a lot less noticeable than all of the others, and the Glock and Smith were both nice as well. I'm also wanting to check out the Ruger P95 but they didn't offer it at the range.

Just based on my price range (roughly $500 +/- a few bucks) and caliber, do you guys have any recommendations on other guns to shoot? And within the list, are certain of the mentioned guns higher quality than others that are also on it? By the way, I am left handed. I am not really familiar with how different trigger types feels either.

The purpose of this handgun is range shooting and home defense. Granted, I don't intend to own only one but until I purchase another one down the road one will have to suffice.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by HamMach1; November 1, 2012 at 12:07 AM.

Page generated in 0.05522 seconds with 8 queries