View Single Post
Old January 12, 2013, 02:50 PM   #52
Auto426

Quote:
Yes or sold them as surplus as parts for those guns were no longer available. You are demonstrating that you know very little about the BHP. If you knew anything about BHPs with internal extractors you would know that they it is a design which is prone to breakage. NO one not even Browning/FN still makes the internal extractor. They are very hard to come by and no professional standing Army including the British are putting these into combat service because there is no way to support them the the field. Parts are simply not available.
Actually I know a good bit about the Hi Power, but you know what they say about assuming. Maybe I don't know everything about British military procurement, but if they are like pretty much every other military out there they don't discard their guns the second they get a few new ones in. The old guns may be be front line issue anymore, but I seriously doubt they just threw them all away.

Quote:
Auto426 - except that isn't really what you said is it, you said their attitude to firearms, which would be covered by your reply there. Then you said "and their attitude in general", which clearly reads like you are talking about something else, you know, "in general" as opposed to "towards firearms".

So, what is this general attitude?
I guess I didn't word that post the best, but that doesn't matter because you seem determined to find some sort of personal insult in it.

However, things like this give me an idea of their attitude towards weapons in general, not just firearms:

or This.

Page generated in 0.02670 seconds with 8 queries