View Single Post
Old August 22, 2011, 10:04 AM   #7
Gunplummer

Anybody that lives in a shotgun only area knows this already. Do we really need to spend more money on nonsense like this? I did land clearing/logging for a couple of years in shotgun areas and the thickets were loaded with dead deer after shotgun season. Now, the newer copper slugs are all higher velocity but that is not what makes them so effective. Most of the new slugs are designed to fragment and cut. This guy keeps referring to spears and arrows, which have nothing to do with bullets. Arrows and spears are designed to cut. I have been bow hunting for a long time and believe me, that crowd has its own issues with penetration with out involving them in the bullet mess. I would have to say this guy does not know what he is talking about. He tries to cut out all variables unless they side in his favor. Anybody remember the advertisement with the huge block of butter that stopped the (I think 30.06) bullet and the arrow went all the way through? If you gut shot a deer with an arrow, a 30.30, or a 30.06, which deer would be more likely to be recovered? What the heck, add a 220 swift to that.

Last edited by Gunplummer; August 22, 2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: missing word

Page generated in 0.04345 seconds with 8 queries