View Single Post
Old October 7, 2005, 07:51 AM   #6
Evader1

I totally agree with you t-65. I've been hunting the last 3 days of Archery here and I starting using a new expandable broadhead just to try it. They fly like crap, and I missed deer completely. (I've been bowhunting for 5 years now) I went back to my Thunderhead 125gr fixed heads and dammed if they don't fly straight and solid. So as far as I'm concerned they (expandables) suk. Going back again next week with my good old trusted fixed blades. FYI, I shoot carbon arrows with 125gr and I have a 70lb draw on a new Martin Magnum bow. As far as rifles, 2 years ago I bought a new Remmington 710 in a .270 (with the scope) and took it out for opening day of rifle. Bought a box of Remmington bullets, can't remember what exactly. but 2 hours into opening morning and I plastered a doe at 50 yds. She dropped right there, mean shot too, right in behind the left shoulder and out the other side. Turned her heart and lungs into Jell-O when I opened her up and shredded a rib on the way out. I know it wasn't a long shot or a shot worth bragging about, but was impressed on how effectively it did its job and how the doe dropped right there.

Page generated in 0.02563 seconds with 8 queries