View Single Post
Old December 23, 2012, 01:49 AM   #17
Win73

Quote:
Well, you could travel more heavily armed... or you could just opt to not cut people off, multiple times. For instance, when you realized you were coming up on a left turn and you were not in position, you could have gone another block, then made three rights (IE a right 270 to make a left 90).

A gun is not a replacement for simple driving courtesy. A gun will not protect against a three ton, high speed impact.
I just have to answer that. If you read my post again, you will see that I said cut in front of, not cut off. I was moving with the flow of traffic at traffic speed. There was no danger of a collision. I signalled each time that I was going to change lanes. I did not "opt" to cut in front of him either time. I was watching traffic and saw an adequate hole to cut in to and took it. I didn't realize I had cut in front of the same guy the second time until after I did it. The driver of the other vehicle did not have to hit his brakes either time. And yes, I know that two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do. However I was in a strange city and didn't know the streets. The hole I cut in to was not a large hole but it was adequate. I didn't mention this in my original post but the occupants of the other vehicle were black and I am a honkie from Alabama. And we were in their part of town. Another reason I didn't want to be wandering around streets that I didn't know with my family in my car. (And you can call me prejudiced if you want because of it.) I really feel that a lot of the reason he got so angry was because of who he was and who I was.

And I was not discourteous at any time. I or my family never made any gestures or tried to say anything to him at any time until my wife smiled and waved at him after it was basically over and he was well in front of us. I had a weapon but I never produced or brandished it.
(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Page generated in 0.04770 seconds with 8 queries