View Single Post
Old February 11, 2001, 12:12 PM   #1
Patrick Graham

I've read the rules and now I'm totally confused.

My next USPSA match will be shot using a "home brew" 1911.
there is nothing special about the gun. It's a Colt 1991A1 Series 80 slide, sights, barrel and bushing. All the series 80 crap has been ripped out of the slide and replaced with a plain old 1911 firing pin and extractor. It has a KINGS recoil guide rod. It has a plain jane Essex frame. There is nothing "racy" about this gun I will be using 10 round 45acp magazines that are under 170mm long. I will be using a Blade Tech IDPA approved 1911 holster. I will be shooting 6.3 grains of Power Pistol over a 230 gr FMJ bullet.

Will I be shooting in which catagory??..??:
1. Limited
2. Limited-10
3. Production
4. Production-10

Now the big question.
How will the particular catagory I'm shooting in affect my score?

If I only shot flush fitting 8 round magazines would I be in a different catagory?

If I didn't have a guide rod would I be in a different catagory.

Can I be in production-10 class if a shoot a model of gun that has been around as long as the 1911 but was built by me? If not then what if I was shooting a stock Kimber with a guide rod and 10 round mags would I be in production-10?

Is scoring high easier in production-10 after they run it through the scoring program?

I've asked a lot of people these questions, some got mad that I was so dumb to ask (obviously they didn't know the answer) but most said "good question, let me know what you find out".

I wish I would have never read the USPSA rules, I felt better not even knowing what to be confused about.

Patrick Graham ty-44215

Page generated in 0.02684 seconds with 8 queries