View Single Post
Old January 27, 2011, 04:38 PM   #16
TheKlawMan

Fixed Modified Choke

Cary. As I almost bought the 12 gauge Mossberg combinatioin package I am pretty sure that the 28 inch barrel has a fixed modified choked barrel. As I got different stories from different people at Big 5 sporting Goods stores, I asked someone who seemed to know a bit better fo what he spoke and he checked. He said it didn't take scew in chokes and the barrel was stamped with an "M" that meant it had a fixed modified choke. This doesn't mean that a different chain or even a different Big 5 couldn't be selling a slightly differetn package.

Paul. I have yet to get my carcass out to one, but there is a place called Bass Pro that had a pretty good price on the basic 870 with a 28 inch barrel that took choke tubes. (The last guy I shot with had one from there, which I think he got for Xmas, and he was using a Birely (sp?) choke that I guess some prefer.

Here is a link to the Bass Pro in Rancho Cucamonga. The price is $40 less than what I paid at Big 5 for a 7 shot 18", which was $350. but with a $30 rebate. http://www.basspro.com/Hunting-Firea...-1z0weqv/No-50 It may not be worth the drive for you and you may do better near your home, but the one thing I found was everyone tries to sell you what they carry and not what you want.

Page generated in 0.02861 seconds with 8 queries