View Single Post
Old October 26, 2011, 11:59 AM   #25
jhudock

Quote:
The form in triplicate needs to be notarized on the bottom where it says "Jurat". Where it says "officer of State", the notary should write "Notary Public". And I actually was told by the Clerk that the form needs to be notarized.
I'm glad I read this post this week. My wife and I have an appointment to submit our permit in Westchester Cty, NY tomorrow. We got all the references, took the course, had everything notarized except the form in triplicate, which we assumed, because it said "officer of State" that someone at the clerk's office would do it after taking fingerprints. After reading this and confirming with the clerk's office that we do indeed need a notary to do this, we have gotten a neighbor who is a notary to do it for us tonight.

I will be glad after the paperwork is finally submitted. This forum and others (especially the NYFirearms forum for NY) have been invaluable in getting info about the permit process that the state and county DO NOT PROVIDE, and one has to assume that it is on purpose, as is the whole convoluted process to make it as difficult as possible to obtain a permit. My wife and I live very close to Blue Mountain range and have been talking about going to shoot there for 10+ years and have been put off by the permit process until now. I'm sure that is the only purpose of many of the arbitrary and useless rules required to submit the permit (like buying a gun which you can't handle).

End rant. Thanks again to the great info from these forums.

Page generated in 0.02462 seconds with 8 queries