View Single Post
Old December 14, 2012, 02:25 AM   #4
TunnelRat

Quote:
I have been a 1911 man for 48 years... I figured I didn't need pray and spray "firepower" as much as reliable "stopping power", so I never worried over the maximum number of rounds in the magazine.

I was also an exceptionally good shot (Competition in the Army) consistently placing 5 match-rounds in one ragged hole at 25 yards in 10 seconds with a trusty Colt Gold Cup. So, I wasn't intimidated by the other guy's 19 rounds of "firepower". One of us would be dead after the first few rounds, leaving at least a dozen unused rounds in his gun.

All these years, I couldn't understand why the gun manufacturers wouldn't build a 45 ACP "pocket gun". I mean literally a 45 that could be carried in the front pocket of your trousers.

Most users of the 1911 were forced to carry a 38 snubby during hot weather.

FINALLY! Springfield showed they were listening when they produced this very handy little XDs (slim) in the much loved 45 ACP. It is now in my pocket, and it is flat and easier to get to than my car keys.

Why not consider an XDs as the carry gun you won't be leaving home for convenience sake.
Man that was a long walk down sidetrack lane to get to your point.
Maintain situational awareness

Page generated in 0.03908 seconds with 8 queries