View Single Post
Old June 10, 2012, 09:51 PM   #11
tyme
Staff

Quote:
A traffic stop is an official interaction. What's the source of your belief that you don't have to answer questions about firearms in your vehicle if a police officer in the course of an official interaction asks?
The 5th amendment?

It's a test to assess the driver's attitude and psychology. Even if you answer honestly that you have no guns or that you have guns and they're all legal, the officer has no reason to believe you. The officer doesn't care about guns in the trunk. He or she is looking for tells, nervousness, or is hoping to catch you in a lie. Whether it's guns, drugs, dead bodies, a million dollars, or nuclear weapons in the trunk is secondary to the officer. It's a fishing expedition, and I think it's absurd.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Page generated in 0.03120 seconds with 8 queries