Thread: Bug Out Bag
View Single Post
Old October 28, 2013, 01:06 PM   #4
stonewall50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcpiper View Post
I think I would start by approaching the problem from a decision making angle.

Regardless of why you have to "bug out", there is one very important factor that you should consider that would effect all your choices.

Will you still have an auto?

In any case, if you will still have a car, and if a car would still be a reliable source of transportation, then plastic tubs are just fine for many things.

If you think the situation could be so bad that a car would not be reliable, then you have two real problems;

First, you have to carry everything you are going to need, and second, you are going to need more then you are ever going to be able to carry.

The first situation is far more likely then the second. Throw valuables, important documents, self defense items, etc into some pouches that can go into a back pack and it's doesn't have to be huge or all military looking, just solid and functional. Second, extra cloths, food, ammo, etc can go in plastic tubs stored in the garage so they can quickly be loaded up in the back of a truck or SUV.

So your back pack is your "A" Bag, and the tubs are your "B" Bags. You can always through a few extra Army Ruck Sacks into one more tub if your auto isn't going to get you all the way to the promissed land.
Yes I agree. And we actually already have several cases of ammo and such stored. We even have stuff for our dog. He is a black lab and his nose could be useful. The boxes are closed up and duct taped.

I agree though about the bag A not being enough. That is why I plan on storing things that aid in gathering of food and water (iodine tablets plus a proper water filter and some supplies to boil water, fishing gear because I live in Florida, and then some basic snare and hunting supplies...and that field guide to ID plants). The clothing and such would be basic...socks, underwear, and stuff for the cold and maybe 1 change in case my clothes are wet

Page generated in 0.03311 seconds with 8 queries