View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 07:19 PM   #1
Alabama Shooter

Trading up for an AR in the Madness

I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a new AR. I really have despised my Mini-14 for years now due to it's fickle nature in finding targets that I would like for it to hit.

I went ahead and got what was available a NiB Bushmaster XM-15, carbine model. A plain jane model with a fixed handle. I wanted a flat top to match his big brother LR-308 but there were none to be had at any price in the region and the gun broker prices are .

Long story short the LGS gave me double what I paid for the Mini in 2005. I know I could not have sold it in a private party sale for near that much last month. The remainder for the Bushie was actually pretty cheap with the trade in. A crazy high price for crazy high price trade in cancel each other out and I got the rifle for about what I would have gotten before the madness started with the same trade in. The LGS does not care cause they can flip the mini fast and are not getting any new product in, like for a while. I fact I got the very last AR they had.

I figure I can probably get a flat top 6.5 later even if there is ban, as the gun is the lower, not the upper and the upper is merely a part. Till then I can just enjoy my new toy!

Page generated in 0.03372 seconds with 8 queries