View Single Post
Old May 1, 2012, 12:12 PM   #32
shortwave

Quote:
You all make it sound like justice is never served, the guilty always go free and the innocent are punished. Is that what you are saying or implying?
As far as my posts goes, I'm sorry if I made it sound that way. Was not my intentions.

What I am saying/implying is that if I find myself in a horrible situation of having to defend my(or family members) life with deadly force, even though I may be 100% justified in my actions, by no means am I guaranteed not to go to prison.

The steps I would take if found in this situation would be to shut up, hire the best counsel I could find specializing in this field and most important of all, pray like my life depended on it. It does.

I don't believe this to be the norm but there are innocent people sitting in jail and guilty people walking the street for no more reason then a small technicality during the investigative or court proceedings. It happens. Just don't want it to happen to me.

FWIW, we may have the best judicial system of any country but the older I get and more I see, the less confidence I have in it.

Page generated in 0.02566 seconds with 8 queries