Thread: cleaning brass
View Single Post
Old June 25, 1999, 02:14 PM   #3
Southside_Johnny

RCBS sells a concetrated solution that cleans really dirty brass up well, I have used it for some dirty tarnished once fired mil 7.62 brass. I diluted per instructions, tumbled in a RCBS sidewinder tumbler, and in 30 min it was clean, not as shinny as corncob and 4 hours in a vibatory cleaner, but it was very reloadable. If you could borrow a clean concrete mixer, you could tumbel a lot of brass really fast. I once tried a washing machine at about 30 deg angle with the RCBS sol. I crunched a lot of cases where I guess they got caught under the aggatator.

Right now I'm cleaning a huge amount of .223 once fired brass, I'm using 2 Dillon FL2000 tumblers ( the big ones, I load them with 1000 pieces of .223 and 10 lbs of chrushed walnut, and the dillon polish) I run them for 4 hours and they look brand new, even the annealing (sp) marks on the necks are gone. I get 2 batches a day from both machines( get them up and running before work, and again after work), so I get 4000 clean every day with only about 30 minites of my time.

good luck,
if you find an easy way let me know.

------------------
Southside_Johnny

Page generated in 0.03541 seconds with 8 queries