View Single Post
Old April 27, 2005, 06:41 PM   #33
stephen426

Wear Proper Clothing!!!

My best friend's girlfriend wanted to go along with us so I said it was okay. She was showing a little cleavage and had a hot shell land there. Those shells are pretty darn hot and will burn you. Save the sexy attire for after the range.

I agree with most of the previous posts. Start off small (I guess you are going to use your .22) and build up. Another very important thing is having the proper shooting stance. I prefer modified weaver which is basically a staggered stance where your right leg (if you are shooting right handed) is further back than your left leg and they are about shoulder width apart. This make you a smaller target if you ever get in a situation where you are being shot at (I hope it never happens to any of us) and is also a very stable stance. It will also help you control recoil. Try to bend slightly forward at the waist to keep your weight forward. This will also help with recoil (the kick from the gun).

Also make sure you learn how to hold the gun properly. Those little guns will pinch you or cut your hand open if the hammer bites you or the slide catches you. Don't death grip the gun but get a good solid grip. Holding it too tight will tire you out quickly and make your hands unsteady.

One more thing. Don't worry about putting the target way back. Concentrate on getting small groups. As you get better, you can worry about shooting further away. The whole machismo show off thing usually isn't a problem with the ladies though.

Good luck and welcome to the sport.

Page generated in 0.03943 seconds with 8 queries