View Single Post
Old May 19, 2013, 10:37 PM   #5
barnbwt

The sights are nice for what they are, but they are still low-profile military sights at the end of the day. Luckily, there's the St. Marie scope mount readily available, Mojo sights to make the rear a bit faster to acquire, and those fancy diopter sights for those with the Benjamins.

The guns are so accurate and so easy to scope, that unless you are a dead eye with iron sights (i.e. you have better than perfect vision and the knowhow to use them) or prefer historical accuracy, the factory blades won't allow the full potential of the rifle to be tapped. Just as soon as I feel like buying another scope, it'll be going on one of my K31s.

For me, personally, there is something about the shape of the stock that forces me to really lean forward in order to get a sight picture, which results in far higher felt recoil than there should be. It is probably a length of pull issue as opposed to a comb issue, but it still makes scoping the rifle that much more tempting. If I happen across a nice cheek rest, the decision will be out of my hands

I think the guns are built better than Swiss watches, because you can find any number of broken down, abused, worn out timepieces for sale on Amazon, but there are very few K31s in similarly bad shape. I've never heard of a K31 being put up for sale as a "broken; parts only" gun.

TCB

Page generated in 0.03690 seconds with 8 queries