Thread: Star 9mm?
View Single Post
Old December 1, 2012, 10:59 PM   #1
1-UP

Star 9mm?

Went to the range with a buddy who hadn't gone shooting in many years. He wanted to sight in a Star 9mm he had for home defense and get a feel for the gun (again, it had been sitting in a case for many years).

The gun looked like it had been kept in a toolbox in the back of a truck for the entire time. Finish was...optional, and there was a copious amount of surface rust here and there. The gun ran like garbage - was reluctant to seat a magazine, could see sparks flying every time you pulled the trigger, and generally was didn't want to eject the shells.

Thing is, I absolutely *loved* how the gun felt in my hand. The size was dead on what I'm looking for for a concealed carry weapon (I realize it's all steel, that's kind of part of its appeal) and I just really felt some chemistry with the gun. It kinda reminded me of a cross between a 1911 and a Walther.

Anyway, is the ****-poor performance a result of no oil/cleaning and sitting for 5+ years or is it a cheaply made pistol that's a headache waiting to happen?

Also, curious what the going rate was. All I can seem to find were .45 caliber versions online and the gunshop isn't really a short hop away to check out. I'm aware that they are no longer being made and may be challenging to locate. This one was pretty darn old.

Page generated in 0.03179 seconds with 8 queries