View Single Post
Old August 4, 2000, 10:03 AM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

OK, here's my opinions and let's all remember they're opinions...

For me, shooting at the up close, fast action birds like grouse, quail over pointers, and woodcock means I'm NOT looking at the bead at all, I'm focussed in on one small part of the critter like the eye. The shotgun is there, but I'm depending on fairtomiddlin' stock fit and form to put the shot where I'm looking.IOW,going beadless would work. In fact, a bright, hi-viz bead would be a distraction.

BTW, when bowhunting, I use a longbow most of the time, no sights, and focus on where I want the arrow to go.Yes, I do drag a deer out of the woods once in a while using that tackle and technique. No, I'm not gifted, just stubborn(G)...

The Brits,who have turned driven bird shooting with its fast shots into both art and science use small beads, quite often of ivory. Gold's popular also.

Once the range opens up, or I have to switch to a sustained lead or other technique, then a bead makes more sense to me. If I were doing long range pass shooting for waterfowl, I might even want a mid rib tiny bead to ensure I have everything lined up. Still, I doubt a hi viz bead would help much there.

For deer hunting and HD,then I want bright sights, and they will be used.

Page generated in 0.03305 seconds with 8 queries