View Single Post
Old October 19, 2013, 10:29 PM   #5
Bongo Boy

Okay another subjective opinion. Completely disregard any thoughts of .380 doing anything for you. I carry M&P 45c and DO trust my life to it, so my recommendation among your options is M&P 9c.

There is no reason I can think of, no practical reason and no technical reason, to carry a wimp-ass cartridge. Carry something that has demonstrated sufficient oomph in real scenarios, or in scenarios you believe to be real. In my mind witha world full of hopped-up tweakers and folks who could give a rat's $$$ if you live or die, 9mm is the absolute minimum and ypu better have a bunch of 'em.

Go real or go home. 9mm is barely making it in my book and my personal comfort level is that 40SW is just good enough. What I know from 10,000 rds of shooting is that the M&P series consistently gets 'er done. If you're comfortable with 9, then go 9. If you're comfortable with 380, I think you have a research problem.

Your adversary is not going to be You. It's going to be someone who is utterly unlike you. In really unimaginable ways. I carry 10mm because I believe I know who these people are--in many cases I've seen here where I live, they are not fitting into the category of 'people' at all.

Page generated in 0.02584 seconds with 8 queries