View Single Post
Old August 21, 2013, 12:27 PM   #17
44 AMP
Staff

I too have been hit in the face by gas, and it was from one of my own reloads! Happened back when I was a teenager just starting out, my fault, entirely. Fortunately the lesson wasn't as expensive as it might have been.

It did, however make me a believer, about a number of things, including eye protection EVERY time!

Quote:
they are all factory loads (you're sure, right? no chance of being reloads in a factory box?)
The reason I asked this is because I have gotten reloads in factory boxes on occasion, at gun shows. So, I always check the appearance of the rounds, before buying now days.

I as buying a .45Win Mag pistol at a show, which came with several boxes of ammo (a big plus, since ammo for that caliber is scarce). The dealer at the show believed it to be factory ammo, and priced it as such (the gun was used, and we knew that). While chatting and looking the stuff over, I looked at a couple of the boxes, and found one with obvious reloads. So we checked them all, and found about half were reloads.

The dealer then offered me a price for the gun alone, or the package deal, with a reduced price on the ammo (dropped the ammo price by half), which I took. He was very good about it, once I showed him the reloads, since he had taken the gun and ammo at face value from someone else, and it was his error not making sure that what he got was actually what he was told it was.

I put my reloads in factory ammo boxes, using them over and over until they no longer last, (of course I usually mark the boxes, but not always, over the years, I know what's in them)

but if someone were selling my stuff after I'm gone, and either didn't look, or know what to look for, they would have no idea they were reloads.

Best to always look for yourself, I've found.

Page generated in 0.03881 seconds with 8 queries