View Single Post
Old February 17, 2013, 11:28 PM   #1
CS86

Problems with my scale

I've been having problems with a scheels digital scale that I bought over a year ago. It has a tendency to not read correctly when trickling powder really slow. If I trickle fast enough it reads and works up correctly. Once I start getting close to the desired weight, I slow down, and if i get to slow it stops.

As a check: I place the metered powder in a case, set the pan back down to see if it zero's out. Once I zero the pan out (if needed) and take the powder that I placed in the case and dump it into the pan the reading isn't correct. The only time that I can get it to work correctly is if I meter faster which is hard when I have to meter faster so the machine works right.

Does anyone else have this problem. I've tried to recalibrate it, take the batteries out and run it straight from the outlet, and made sure it is ran for awhile so its warmed up. Are there any other suggestions as to what I could try? It wasn't the cheepest and not the most expensive scale, but I'm not very impressed at this point. I'd like to get another better scale but really don't have the money for one.

Page generated in 0.03367 seconds with 8 queries