View Single Post
Old July 11, 2012, 05:57 PM   #18
cuba

All this Taurus PT1911 pooh pooh is unfounded and discriminating, the Taurus PT1911 is an in spec rendition of JMB 1911 and built with better materials then most 1911 under $1000.00 bracket, hammer forged barrel, frame, and slide, does not require a break-in period and will function reliably and accurately right out of the box, besides being fully loaded with all the 1911 upgrades, that are options on other models at a higher cost, Taurus can offer the PT at a lower price simply cause they manufacture every part of the PT1911 in house with a state of the art CNC machinery and they are one of the leaders in the world in MIM manufacturing, besides being the third largest firearm manufacturer in the world.

I believe that any of the 1911 that have been recommended are superior to the modern poli guns in the market, but then again I'm partial to an all steel single action pistol (1911).

I might be accused of being a Taurus fan boy and thats alright, I'm not, but somebody needs to stand up and set things straight, when ignorance, disdain, and untruthful perceptions are being perpetrated about a well made 1911.

I bought my PT1911 in 08 and so far have run 18.5K rounds through it with out anymore failures then any other 1911 in the market (3%), I check all the internals under magnification at 5K round intervals with out noticing any evidence of critical wear, I just walked in the house after shooting 200 accurate and reliable rounds with out any hitch, as usual, but you'll never catch me trashing any 1911 as long as it's an in spec 1911, and then I will only present my factual findings.

If your choice is between the Kimber and the PT1911 I think the choice is easy the PT1911 is at least $400.00 to $600.00 less then the Kimber, and the Kimber is not 100% better, The PT1911 comes with a no question asked lifetime guaranty vs the Kimber 1 year guaranty, your choice.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

Last edited by cuba; July 11, 2012 at 06:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.02712 seconds with 8 queries