View Single Post
Old March 15, 2012, 01:46 AM   #21
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Are you really going to walk around the house with your gun mounted flashlight turned on pointed at the ground? I would prefer to have my gun in a more ready position. Call me crazy.
Okay crazy, since you don't want a light on your gun because you don't want to point your gun and whatever you want to see, just where is your gun going to be pointed should you be clearing your own home?

Not only will my light and gun be pointed at the ground, the gun will be in a "more ready" position. In fact, that position is called...wait for it...the low ready position.

So as to not cover things with the muzzle (such as loved ones located in the home, either in direct view or behind walls), but still have the gun in a ready position, your options are fairly limited to low ready, high ready, indoor ready, or any number of their variants. From high ready, your gun mounted light will be reflecting off the ceiling. Generally speaking for the interiors of most homes, walls and ceilings tend to be lighter colors or white, especially the ceilings. As such, you can often light up a room even better from high ready than from low ready given that carpets and floors are often darker colors that the ceiling.

While not quite as ready as high or low ready, indoor ready allows you to navigate confined spaces without sweeping other people. It also has your gun and the gun's light pointed to the ground.

Page generated in 0.02601 seconds with 8 queries