View Single Post
Old December 22, 2011, 01:04 PM   #1
8MM Mauser

Anticipating recoil - Advice?

Hello again all. I got some great shooting tips about getting my mind in the game last time I was here. After putting about 100 rounds at 100 yards downrange through my rifle (8MM Mauser), and then about 20 rounds through a Glock 19 with a red dot sight.

I have come to the determination that I am anticipating recoil. I figured this out because I consistently shoot to the left of were I am aiming, and also because I started shooting surplus ammo near the end and had a couple rounds which didn't go off; when they didn't fire I noticed that I was pushing slightly down and to the left.

It isn't the worst flinch, I was still within the bullseye or the "1" or "2" rings when shooting the Glock at 25 yards. Of course with the rifle it manifested much worse, giving me consistent 3' groups in the "4" to "7" rings to the left of the bullseye.

So what I am looking for is advice. I've heard that dry firing will help; I dry fire. I have heard that shooting a low recoil .22lr will help; well, I am acquiring a Ruger Mark 2 "Target model" this Saturday.

Any other tips about what I can do to stop anticipating recoil?

Page generated in 0.02528 seconds with 8 queries