View Single Post
Old June 11, 2009, 10:39 PM   #24
onthejon55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud8a
I have to disagree with the last post. Although I am not going to call the police as much as others might I do not think waiting for a crime to be committed is only the good time to call the police. Sometimes certain activity warrants it even if it is only perceived to be suspicious at the time.
There are times when the police are best suited to decide if something is not right.
But calling the police every time you get butterflies is not a good policy.
If you have never had someone call the police on you for something you were doing legally then you will not understand my point. It is one the most awkward/embarrassing wastes of time i have ever experienced and i loath people that go out of their way to be a "do gooder" and try to fix every problem they encounter by getting the police involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagonman
Walking on a public sidewalk is legal. However, two hobos walking in front of my house is suspicious and worth a Terry stop. If they are good enough for a T-stop they are definatly worth a call to 911.
Lets say you just got done working in your garden so you looked dirty and you decided to walk down your street for whatever reason. Would it not annoy you if your 15 min. walk down the street turned into an hour long questioning session with police because someone called the cops on you?

Page generated in 0.04031 seconds with 8 queries