View Single Post
Old December 25, 2011, 07:18 PM   #24
hangglider

I live in a pretty bad neighborhood--it is infested by drug gangs that are connected to drug cartels going down to Mexico. I've caught these guys breaking and entering other houses a couple of times--they move in groups and move fast, in and out in just a few minutes. They also have spotters positioned to tell them when the police are approaching.

they are fearless--even when spotted they know enough to simply walk away so not to attract attention. They are very well armed, I've heard entire 7.62 mags emptied in broad daylight within a block--so far they haven't blasted anyone at home--they are pretty careful to hit when they know the owner is at work and rob in broad daylight (BTW, they don't care about alarm systems). I don't know if they're armed during a robbery--but I know they shoot each other without hesitation, so I wouldn't take any chances.

These guys bang the back door in and rush in fast because the rip-off depends on being in and out before the police respond. My feeling is that I have mere seconds to grab a weapon before they're on me--my inclination is to shoot first and ask questions later since they generally hit in groups of 6 or so to clean the house out as quickly as possible. I know it's important to ID and warn before shooting--but I believe a moment's hesitation, along with the ruthless nature of these gangs--and you are likely going to be dead.

Don't know if there's a better way to deal with this (other than moving out, not easy in this economy).

Page generated in 0.03380 seconds with 8 queries