Thread: Firepower???
View Single Post
Old March 18, 2008, 08:11 AM   #23
cavscout77

I look at it a different way. If I am by myself, I fell comfortable with my sub compact .40 with 10 in it, though I do often carry an extra mag for it. I can move myself from harm very fast and have to worry about me and only me.

On the other hand, I do allot with my family, wife, 5 year old boy and 2 year old girl. Ok, Picture this, I am in a shopping mall with my family(yea right, like your going to catch me in a mall). My wife wants to go into a clothing store and look at a pair of pants. I say, I am going over to the bathroom. I head over there handle my business. Just as I dry my hands, I hear gun shots. Of course, your first reaction would be, where is my family. You are now in an unfamiliar situation looking for 3 people who, at this point are hiding. You may need 8-10 rounds just to get the BG's attention away from your family or to even find them. Your attention is not on eliminating the BG at that point, though it should be.

True most people don't carry concealed, of those that do, most will never draw the weapon for defensive purpose, and of those that draw, an even smaller number will have to use the weapon. Those that do have to use the weapon, a very, very small number will fire more than 2 or 3 rounds. It's about like winning the lottery, the chances are so slim, most of don't even live near a person that has won the lottery. But there are a lot of us that buy tickets for the chance.

I carry a Glock 22 with a 15 round mag and I carry a mag holster that holds 2 more 15 round mags. I have felt threatened enough to draw one time, and I hope it never happens again. But if it happens again, I will not look back and say, If I had one more mag, I could have done more.

Like was already said, It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Page generated in 0.03608 seconds with 8 queries