View Single Post
Old February 1, 2013, 07:28 AM   #1
L2R

Let's Ban the "A" word

You know, I am sick and tired of feeling demonized by the media. They coined it and all of us commonly use it.

I have decided to take the words 'assault weapon' out of my vocabulary and I am commited, as of today, to challenge anyone I hear use it to stop them, educate them politely and call it what it is. They are semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns. Using the A word is helping their cause, not ours.

I saw where an individual wrote here that he was tired of hiding his beliefs inside his waistband and he was going to start to open carry.

I don't know this guy or girl but I think they is onto something. Over the years we have learned to lower our voices at work and keep our beliefs and values quiet so as not to offend friends or risk losing our jobs.

It is time to stop being quiet and allowing the media and others demonize gun ownership while we sit and quietly speak only to those to agree with us.

Today is the day to come out of closet, or safe might be a better choice of words and let those around us who know us, see that normal people are pro gun.

I do wish we could get passed talking about just the 2nd ammendment. Too many people stop listening when they hear 'the 2nd ammendment' because that doesn't affect them. We need to say that the Bill of Rights is being attacked. Those who swore to uphold the Constitution are nibbling at it a small piece at a time.

I can see some priviliged, isolated politicans have skewed views. They are so far removed from the common citizen, I really do get that. But how is it that the general public doesn't see it that way?

Page generated in 0.02743 seconds with 8 queries