View Single Post
Old May 18, 2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Single Six

Congratulations on your decision. Ours is a noble profession, and we're always in need of good folks to join the ranks. The first advice I'll give you is this: If you're not doing this already, start getting in the best physical condition you possibly can. I'm talking about a steady regimen of lifting weights and also lots of running, pushups, and situps. If the Academy you'll be attending is anything like the ones we have in N.C., you WILL be doing lots of P.T. The better physical shape you're in when you show up, the easier time you'll have of it. Put another way; it's far easier to already be in great shape when you go, as opposed to having to let your instructors make you accomplish that as the weeks progress. As far as shooting, just concentrate on your marksmanship skills prior to entering the academy. The fact that you're a member of TFL tells me you're probably already a good shooter. Keep up your practice, and any training scenarios you may be doing now won't hurt either [though the cadre at your school will likely have plenty of those waiting for you also]. Best of luck; please keep us updated on how it goes..and feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions.

Page generated in 0.03467 seconds with 8 queries