View Single Post
Old March 25, 2010, 01:31 PM   #38
Uncle Ben

Newton: just because the animal survived a shotgun wound for a month before it finally died a painful death does not mean that it was the fault of the buckshot that was used on it (assuming that was the ammo used).

We/you do not know what distance the animal was shot from, but I think we can fairly agree on two very likely causes:

1. the shooter tried to take the dear at too great of a distance (either did not know the limitation of the ammunition, or cared more about taking a shot regardless of the known limitation)

2. shooter simply took poor aim and did not hit the vitals

Either way, it is not the fault of the ammo used, but the user that made it unethical, under the specific circumstances.

I don't see any arguments that a .30-06 may be unethical, but If I didn't bother to sight it in out of laziness or even ignorance (for example), then using it to hunt would be just as unethical as anything else could be.

Just my opinion

Page generated in 0.02526 seconds with 8 queries