View Single Post
Old January 2, 2010, 04:27 PM   #13
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

First time I read that story I was surprised to hear that it happened in Georgia. Then I realized that there always have been and most likely always be some people with muscles for brains will be attracted to law enforcement even though they don't have a clue about what the laws are or have the slightest idea of what is in the constitution. My disgust is for the courts, the judges know better but don't care, like their fearful leader the Arab-in-chief and current resident in the Whitehouse they know whats in the constitution but don't care.

Lawyer getting hassled because he let his gun be seen is understandable. To my way of thinking there should be no difference between concealed and open carry no matter what your preference is nor should there be any restriction against either as long as you are not a convicted felon or adjudicated as mentally unstable and a danger to yourself or others. But he knew the rules and he was careless.

Cop over reacted and unless the lawyer is tired of fighting the last hasn't been heard of this case. Living in Wisconsin but with friends down there who are active in the open carry organization I watch developments down there closely and with some envy. Our progress in the Dairy state lags Georgia's by a mile.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03973 seconds with 8 queries