View Single Post
Old July 25, 2006, 01:02 PM   #7
FirstFreedom

Hmm, ok, well nix that idea, lol. This is just not gonna jive with my plans for a couple of reasons.... mainly that I don't want to maintain a whole pack - I want 2 at most trained for hunting. Secondly, my breed choice, as explained above, is not at all the best for hogging (we used to have a different meaning for that term, but I digress...), and I'm pretty attached to my breed choice. And finally, yowsa, sounds like injuries & death are more common than I had realized - the "don't get too attached" comment - well that's just not possible when it comes to me & dogs. Even with Kevlar vests and collar, a first aid kit, prompt attention, etc., a hog could still kill a healthy dog?!? Thanks for the help though. I just can't see myself getting a bunch of pound dogs and caring for them, just for hunting. Guess I'd better find some friends with hog dogs, and get my Weim for birds & blood-trailing.

Quote:
Jack Russells (hog came by and 4 of those little guys were hanging on like Christmas ornaments).

Nice hounds, R.D.

Page generated in 0.01988 seconds with 8 queries