View Single Post
Old January 20, 2012, 04:50 PM   #15
Fishing_Cabin

While this is unique in that what the state of TN is proposing is selective traffic enforcement, because of NY firearm laws, I'm not sure I would want to be a test case on either side. Selective enforcement has been used in some areas for a while. I used to drive a truck and made a delivery a few miles off the interestate through one tiny town, and just into the next. Coming out, I got stopped and ticketed for an overwidth violation. Around $350 if I remember right. Seems there was a fued between the two towns and the one closest to the interstate lost a bid for the industrial park, which was built in the neighboring town, so it refused to change or ammend a width restriction. Kind of created an impromtu "toll" in a way. The only other way to the town from the interstate to the south had a low bridge, and hence a 13'6 trailer wouldnt pass. Thats just an example of how petty some of these things can get. The local trucks were exepmt though...Some places I choose not to visit and take my money elsewhere.

As to this fued between NYC and TN. I dont see NYC changing its laws any... The best they could do if they want to make a point of this is to enact laws saying that for reciprocity, any person who resides in one location, when in the state of TN is given the same level of treatment and reciprocity that an out of state person gets in his/her home location. Example being, if one of the very few people in NYC with a carry permit traveled to the state of TN, they would be unable to carry, since a TN permit holder is not legal to carry in TN. Do the same with ownership and possession. I dont agree with this, but it would be more doable then trying to selectively enforce traffic laws on only new yorkers.

Oh, and I dont travel to NY or NYC. They dont want my money and tourism/business evidently. All the best to them. Other places are more welcoming.

Page generated in 0.03651 seconds with 8 queries